skip to Main Content

FAQ: Street Lights

Did you know? Neighborhood street lights in unincorporated Hillsborough County are paid for by property owners as a separate Hillsborough County Consolidated Street Lighting Special Purpose District assessment on their property tax bill or as a fee within their homeowner’s association assessment. Adding new street lights to existing neighborhoods is possible, but requires agreement from the property owners who will be paying for them.

Click here for a brochure from Hillsborough County Public Works with more information.