By: Deanna Corarito
DeDomenico Orthodontics is a fixture in the center at Fox’s Corner and has been serving families in Keystone for several years.
Dr. Ralph DeDomenico, his wife Vicki and their 3 sons first arrived in Keystone in 1989 as weekenders from the “big city” of Carrollwood, looking to enjoy the country feel within a quick drive. The beautiful lakes, trees and lack of traffic in the area was very appealing. In 2002, they made the move permanent and Ralph says “It was like being on vacation each night we would go home and look out on the lake.”
DeDomenico Orthodontics opened its location in Odessa in 2012 after opening the first orthodontics office in Carrollwood in 1977. Son Matt DeDomenico joined the Keystone practice in 2008, following in his father’s footsteps and son Dan is the in-house lab technician for the office.
- Metal braces – Enjoy a straighter smile at an affordable price. These braces are the most common, because they can remedy almost any orthodontic problem and treatment tends to be shorter than other braces.
- Clear braces – 3M Clarity brackets are plastic and transparent, making them inconspicuous. These braces are most popular with teens and adults.
- Gold braces – These stainless-steel braces are coated with 24-karat gold.
- In-Ovation R – These braces have free-sliding technology to create less discomfort and help you enjoy a straighter smile faster!
- SPEED System™ – Minimal and sleek, these braces utilize ‘Elastic Spring’ technology to help straighten your teeth!
- SimpliClear – An effective and aesthetically pleasing solution for the smile-conscious.
- Invisalign® — When you want straight teeth without visible brackets and wires.
DeDomenico Pediatric Dentistry opened in Keystone at the same time as the orthodontics office. Why choose a pediatric dentist? A pediatric patient not only has a different dentition than adults but he/she may have specific dental and behavioral needs that are unique to a child. These needs may include orthodontics, dental sealants, fluoride applications or home treatments, or just simply education in oral hygiene. In addition to treating existing dental problems, our office focuses on prevention through patient and parent education. We like to feel that you and your child do not come to our office to have their “cavities fixed” but rather to prevent them. Drs. Vicki and Ralph’s son Dr. Dustin is the pediatric dentist at DeDomenico Pediatric Dentistry now, and Dr. Vicki has 40 years of experience limiting her practice to children as well. The Pediatric Dentistry office specializes in the treatment and prevention of dental disease, as well as the overall oral health of children. Through extra years of schooling, training, experience, and certification, a pediatric dentist is uniquely qualified to treat the dental needs of infants, children, and adolescents.
Dr. Ralph says that “The local families trust us with their children and the parents, including those who choose orthodontics for themselves, are just the best.” Multiple 5-Star reviews online prove that DeDomenico Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry are trusted providers for your family’s oral health needs, with one patient stating it so well, “Dr Matt and Dr D are both highly skilled and the staff makes you feel like you are part of the family!”
This family not only works together, but they cook together too. Their favorite Keystone event is the Chili-Cookoff and have won Best Chili three years in a row! It is a family affair and even the grandkids “get totally involved.” The chili recipe is a family secret, though the grandkids think they are the secret weapon counting for the three wins. Dr. Ralph says “we think it’s just darn good chili!”
DeDomenico Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry offices are at 8734 N Mobley Rd, Odessa. Other locations are in Carrollwood, Lutz and Brooksville. For a consultation or appointment in the Odessa offices, call 813-920-6333 for orthodontics and 813-961-1414 for pediatric dentistry appointments.